“History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.”
It has been one of those months, so busy I didnâ€™t get a chance to write a single blog post. I had big plans for the month, hoping to write a few times a week. What to do? I could beat myself up for not getting it done but I would rather focus on the positive.
Where did April go? Where did I spend my time?
* Held Quarterly Mastermind Retreat for my longest standing mastermind team witnessing the remarkable success and breakthroughs my fellow entrepreneurs made this past quarter. Mostly, I enjoyed the loyalty and enthusiasm they have for helping each other succeed.
* Deepened my involvement with members of my favorite networks.
* Worked with Kim Doyal, The WordPress Chick to clean up the back-end of my blog and define requirements for a new and improved website.
* Designed 2 products to be rolled out with the new website.
* Continued editing â€œThe Bookâ€ which has dominated my life for two years.
* Coached the most amazing business owners in the world.
* Completed Feasibility Reports for consulting clients.
* Worked with Designer on a new logo and â€œThe Bookâ€ cover.
* Welcomed new office-mate on April 3 â€“ a 12 week old puppy Maija who is learning the rules of the office.
* Handled my teenage sonsâ€™ car accident and gave thanks no one was hurt.
So, what is the point of this blog post? Is this a â€œguiltâ€ post, one to explain why I didnâ€™t blog through the month of April? No. Itâ€™s also not a â€œbragâ€ post to impress my readers.
The point is we all have a choice as we look over the passing months and years. We can look back with guilt over what we havenâ€™t done, compare the â€œplanned versus actualâ€ and wallow in frustration. My preference is to take the opportunity at monthâ€™s end to reflect on what was accomplished, give thanks for personal and professional blessings, and refresh my vision for the future.
What choice will you make?